Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cheryl's Sewing Machine

This month is Sewing Machine Month over at Sew Mama Sew. So, this is Cheryl's contribution to their meme.

What brand and model do you have? I have a Singer 7469Q Confidence Quilter.

How long have you had it? About 6 months...I've been wanting a computerized machine for years!

How much does that machine cost (approximately)? $300 - $399 (They are often on sale for $299.)

What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)? I sew clothes, home decor, and gift items for myself, my friends & family, and our business.

How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get? I sew daily in my home studio and once a week I enjoy an evening of sewing with two great sewing buddies. I'd say I put about 15-20 hours per week on my machine. Is that a lot? Should I do my dishes more??

Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?I love my new machine! But, she doesn't have a name yet.

What features does your machine have that work well for you?I am crazy excited about the automatic buttonholes! Wow! If you're in the market for a new machine...it's worth it to save a little longer so you can get this feature!

Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine? I haven't found anything yet.

Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
Angie and I share a great sewing machine story...but I'll let her tell it!

Would you recommend the machine to others? Why? Yes, I believe I would. 1) It's reasonable in price when compared to many other brands. 2) It comes with many attachments, including those used primarily for quilting. 3) It has about 98 decorative stitches. 4)Did I mention auto buttonholes?

What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine? Reasonable cost, reliability, and an automatic buttonholer!!

Do you have a dream machine? I haven't researched brands yet...but I want a longarm for quilting!

No comments: