Friday, July 17, 2009

sewing machine story

Yes, I do have a funny story about sewing machines. Cheryl, Roxanne and I try to get together once a week to sew. After a long day of work,I was tired and in the confusion of cords and unpacking our sewing items, I managed to plug in my machine. Then my machine started acting strange. It wouldn't stop sewing after I lifted my foot off the pedal. I tried to turn my machine off and on, rethreaded it, then I started to think it was a supernatural phenomenon. I thouhgt my mom was trying to annoy me or my recently deceased friend was trying to help. I have a creative imagination. Then I thought maybe it was a special feature I stumbled upon. I even called a local shop that sold my machine to help me solve my problem. They never heard of this special feature and wanted me to bring it in. I finally accepted the fact that this was how my machine worked and tried to adjust to the new style of sewing. At some point in the evening Cheryl was helping me with my project, started sewing on my machine and realized my machine wasn't working properly. Then Cheryl began assembing her machine and could not locate her cords. She searched everywhere, she even searched my sewing machine bag and said,"Whose cords are these?" I insisted she must have accidently put her cords in my bag, but that wasn't the case. I accidently swiped her cords from the table, plugged them in my machine and left mine in the bag. That was why my machine didn't work.I am so glad I didn't haul my machine all the way to the repair shop only to reveal an embarrassing mistake. We get a kick at laughing at ourselves. Only I have to admit it's a lot easier when someone else goofs up. So let that be a lesson to you all. Don't try to put someone else's cords in your machine. It just doesn't work.
Angie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for that great laugh! I just recently got a used sewing machine with no book, and it's been heck trying to figure out how to thread it and what everything is for! My hubby and I spent one whole afternoon trying to figure it out, thinking there HAD to be a reason for the little screw on the top of the machine - he thought sure it was part of the threading, and kept trying to come up with ways to put that into the procedure! My mom was over yesterday, and after looking at it for about 30 seconds, told me that it was part of my bobbin winder processes. Duh! Thank goodness for moms! But I have to admit, I wouldn't have given up the chance to see my macho husband sewing for the world!!! : )

Cheryl said...

Thanks for being willing to share the 'ghost pedal' story! It really did have a life of its own that day. I still laugh every time I plug in my cords...what a crack up!