Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Machine

I have a sewing machine I refer to as a she. Don't get any ideas, I am not crazy enough to name her.
Machine type: Baby Lock Quilter's Choice
Cost: Approx 500-600 I forgot
The new machines are a little steep, but I imagine they have more technology. I know it has been very dependable.
The quilt shop I found it at was going out of business and offered it to me at a discount.
The best thing about my machine is she's quiet.
The worst thing is I don't know how to use all of it's functions.
The only problem with buying her during a going out of business sale is the shop could not provide me with classes to teach me how to utilize all or most of it's features.
It has not broken down at all. Knock on wood. I have had her for about 3-4 years, I forgot.
I sew all my projects with her. I have done handbags, quilts, blankets, children's clothing, you name it.
Advice: No matter what machine you have it really helps to take a class on the basics.
PS. Cheryl, Roxanne and I have learned very quickly that it is a royal pain hauling our machines from place to place by hand. The best thing to do is invest in a good rolling cart for your machine. The local fabric should have them or order online. Mine is big enough for my machine and my current project.
Angie

No comments: